Monday, April 7, 2014

Willkommen, bienvenu, welcome, come on in!

This blog marks my return to online writing after a long break to do a bunch of stuff that it turns out wasn't that important after all. It seemed important, but I am a writer, and I can't fight my own nature. You have to pursue whatever it is that speaks to you, right? And what's speaking to me right now is the urge to start discussions about things that uplift the spirit. I would say that this is a blog about "conscious living," but that term is a very big umbrella for subjects ranging from social justice to dietary choices. There will be some of that, but there will also be poetry, music, art, nature, and stories of people coming together for a purpose. There will be jokes. There will be cat pictures. There will be belly dancing. There will be rock-n-roll. There will probably be a lot of rock-n-roll.

Some posts will be more personal, some posts will be more general. Some may have a religious or spiritual tone, others may have a scientific tone. Don't expect politics, because although I am politically active I believe that any society ruled by broken and unhappy people will become broken and unhappy, and thus it is more important to focus on people finding joy in this world and becoming – or remaining -- whole.

In a way, this blog will be an ongoing statement of my personal manifesto, which I hope will resonate with other people. As the blog name implies, I believe that living is a process by which we can grow from mundane creatures into something precious and powerful. I believe in the overarching life mission of living in this world without letting it turn me into a mean, contemptible person. I believe in following one's passion. I believe in helping and inspiring others, and I hope this blog will be a part of that. I hope to get discussions and thought processes going with my posts as well as some polls, and comments are always welcome. 

And now, a public service announcement from Bob Marley:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember when commenting that manners cost nothing.